Safety, as always should be at the forefront of each and every job.
It is very easy to become complacent and take safety measures for granted.
CO (carbon monoxide) is produced during the incomplete combustion of carbon.
In small amounts, it can cause dizziness, headaches, and nausea and in larger quantities, CO poisoning can be fatal.
The recommended maximum indoor limit for CO by ASHRAE is 9 PPM.
It is recommended to all technicians, while working inside a boiler room or mechanical room to ensure their safety by carrying and utilizing their own CO detector.
📹 Check out the video for a real job site application of a portable CO detector.